Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sheets and Lemons...Similarities?

So, how the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? I've even saved the tri-folded cardboard that comes in the sheet packaging to try and master the folding techniques that look like something out of a "How To Become O.C.D" self-help book...I've gone to such great lengths as to clearing off and standing on top of my bed, laying the fitted sheet across the bed and attempting to perfectly fold the flaps under, over, between and around...This is when I had an epiphany. A smirk slowly crept across my face. I threw up my hands in the air and praised God for this great deliverance...All this time I had been griping and complaining over the fact that I couldn't perfectly fold my sheets, when all along all I had to do was throw them into my linen closet and forget about it. Problem solved. I won't get a migraine every time I strip my bed, and the sheets will be even more accessible and easy to pull out of the closet. I'll also be able to distinguish the difference between the fitted and flat sheet. The nicely folded and stacked pile will always be the flat sheets, and the ones balled up in the corner of the linen closet are obviously the fitted sheets.

If you absolutely, positively have to fold your fitted sheet, cause you're just as crazy as me, here are the several ways I've tried (and failed) to get the perfect folding results:

One: Stand on top of the bed, lay the fitted sheet flat and try to eyeball and fold the corners underneath each other. (This was just frustrating.)

Two: Save the cardboard that comes with the sheet set. Pull the sheet around the cardboard and stuff the excess into the cardboard. It's really not folded at all, it just looks like it. (This was just a big fat lie.)

Three: Have your husband hold one end while you hold the other. Slowly walk toward each other with your arms pulling the sheet widely apart and hope the air flowing between you two doesn't disrupt the shape and folding you did with the sheet in the air. (Exhausting and created an argument.)

Four: Start at one end and roll the sheet together and fold the sheet in half. (Just looked funny.)

Five: Throw the sheet set away and buy a new one. (This could get kind of expensive.)

Six: Leave the sheet in the dryer until you need it. (I don't really recommend this one. The sheet is just in the way when you try to do laundry.)

Seven:  Just ball it up and throw it into your linen closet. (My Favorite.)

When life hands you lemons, screw the lemonade, make margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment